Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Scary

Road to Leeds!!!

I managed my 8 miles on Sunday and it was great. It wasn't super fast but it was! I was so proud of myself too! I drove to Banyoles and went 2+ times around the lake to cover de distance, 8,5miles total!

Monday was rest day and yesterday I had to do a 3 miler so after I dropped the kids off at camp I got going. To my surprise, my 3 year long injury, haunted me back, or that pain, at least! I had to stop after having run a bit over 2kms. I did manage all 3 miles but combining walking and running but was upset.

I e-mailed my wonderful doc and told me to go see him and so I did. It happens to be a varicose vein on my ankle, ouch! He massaged it and boy oh boy was it painful! And all along the way too! All throughout the course of the vein. Still painful today but think I'll be able to pull my 5 miler tomorrow. If I can't run straight, I'll run-walk... no problem! I've been icing it and hope that does the trick!

Bad timing for this to happen. He did say I had bad flow return, from day one and now it's worse, specially now that the heat's arrived. Anyway, glad it wasn't an injury per se but hoping the pain goes away too!!!

So... road to Leeds it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment