Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Jelly Bean Fun Run!

Hello April!!!!! Hello Spring! It is so nice out there... gotta love spring weather!

It is April 1st and time for the Jelly Bean Virtual Run... up at 7:15 and off to Banyoles (paradise!) for my run... Gosh, it was amazing! Such a beautiful day, lots of runners, walkers and bikers out there, rowers on the lake... simple amazing!

I run my 5 and my 10k and then I set off on the bike... so nice!

37:00 for the 5K... within my range... I run-walked at a 30:30 ratio the first km and then run the rest... very happy!
1:13:14 for the 10K... pretty good (for me, not that it is a great time, we all know it isn't)
And... 1:01:22 for the bike ride... have to admit I was pretty tired after the running, LOL!

All the training fits great in my half marathon training. I will be going to Leeds, in the UK to run the half marathon there, on May 13th... time to get serious! Amazing how it's made me be consistent with my training. I want to finish that half (will be my 3rd) in good condition, unlike the other 2 :p

Thanks Jess for setting up such a fun race. It sure was fun out there. My bib got "ruined" with all the water/sweat but took more photos at home with an extra bib I printed :D


No comments:

Post a Comment