Monday, April 9, 2012

Road to Leeds well on its way!

Today is Monday. Program called for a long run on the weekend but had a 9 miler race today in Canovelles, so I moved the 10 miler to today. I ended up not going to the race but decided to run closer to home, just my own route.

Gas is really expensive and being Easter Monday and having the "mona" tradition here, the race was interfering in the family schedule.

So, I had to do 10 miles. Out I went not really knowing where I'd go and decided the route as I went along :D It was cloudy and not hot so it was sort of perfect for running :D

Ended up doing 10.9miles or 17kms 550m. So happy and proud with what I did... amazing! That's actually the training next week called for :O Oh well... now I know I can do it... I think I will be able to do the Leeds half quite ok. I am feeling confident :d

I also tried the fueling. No sports drink, only an energy gummy from PowerBar before starting, another at km 6.5 and a Powergel at 9kms. A bit of water. Worked out fine for me. To my surprise my last kms were the fastest, LOL! The only, a part from another under 7 minutes, LOL!

Leeds... here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment