Friday, April 6, 2012

*New* bike :D

Finally! I finally got to get out there (although very briefly) to try out my *new* bike. And I say *new* because although it is new to me, it is a second hand bike.

This is my very first road bike and I am so excited! I sure hope I can tell in the triathlons I set out to do next Summer!



So I went out today just to try it outside the garage, LOL! I went to this little closed road where I wanted to try it but then decided to go around town as it is a holiday today and there hardly was any traffic!

So I went, very carefully as I have no control on this bike yet (obviously, being my first time... ) So I tried changing gears to see what felt most comfy, what to do and when. I only went a bit over 5.5kms so I didn't really have time to try it all but I got a good taste of it! Even my chain came off and to my surprise I was able to fix it on my own :D That was a proud moment for sure!

This is me and her after fixing the chain:


Oh yes, and after taking my jacket off and having my hair in a mess, etc. :p

It was a nice experience... so different to the mountain bike... so much lighter and faster. I hope to get used to it and be able to go on longer and longer rides... mind you... it isn't too safe to ride around here (or anywhere) so I'll have to think carefully where to go. With the mountain bike I just hit the bike path and that's it, but now I have to be on the road so that will take some planning!

Happy biking to me! Let the season begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment