Sunday, March 18, 2012

Valldoreix

I got up at 7:45am this morning to go to Valldoreix. Today were the 5 milles femenines de Valldoreix (women's 5 miler) and so I headed over. Went to the board to see what my bib number was and saw the profile of the race hanging... OMG... up and down with 2 1km long hills :O OMG... how on earth was I going to get through that??? Oh well... I was there so I might just as well do it ;)

The little girls set off, then the 2 1-mile races and finally, it was our turn. It was very very very hot and sunny. A bit windy too... it was lovely, and the area was beautiful :D

The gun went and we all started running, all of us girls. We took off going uphill to turn right almost inmediately to turn left to a huge hill :o Pulled that and then went downhill... I liked that, LOL! At the bottom of the hill, turn right and a huge hill again... oh dear... I managed to run to the top and from then on, slides all the way... eek! Until we got to THE hill... 1km long ahead of me... I run the beginning of it and walked exactly 257m of it, took off running again before the hill was over... so proud :D I walked the same distance my second time on the hill. We finished downhill (the 2nd hill we took at the beginning :D) which was lovely to then go slightly uphill at the end, by very slightly, I even managed a lovely pace at the end... very very fast for me and with good form (I think). Very very happy with my performance today and because I was able to change my form to go uphill rather well :D

It was hard but I think I did a heck of a job. My averabe was 7:15m/km... I know, nothing to be excited about but taking the walking away, my average running was always under 7 mins/km and that is amazing considering the amount of hills... no matter what the pace, very very proud and very happy... going back next year unless anything weird happens :D

Came back home to a sick Jan :( Took him to the docs as he was at 39.2 but there's "nothing" there so lots of patience and hope he's all better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment