Sunday, March 4, 2012

On the right path

Or so I think so :D

I managed a run during the week, just one, but that's more than I usually do. I did 6kms 330m on my run on Weds. It was nice. I was falling asleep at home. I had no energy, so I pushed myself and I'm so proud I did. I felt great after that.

This am, Paula and I went to Banyoles to do the "around the lake" popular race. The half marathon was being held too. Paula did it all running, non-stop. I'm so proud of her. And she finished way ahead of me :D I managed it all too, in my own pace but feeling very good, happy and proud.

I was very happy to be able to let people know I appreciated what they were doing. Some "grallers" were at the church at Santa Maria de Porqueres playing. It was lovely. I clapped and waved. They waved back. I could tell they were happy someone noticed they were playing. I loved the feeling :D Once our almost 6,5km were over, and on the way to the car, we stopped to cheer the half marathoners that were finishing already. It was amazing... I could see such appreciation on their faces (most, some couldn't care less). I told them how well they were doing and how they were all champions and heros... I would have liked to hear those words when I did the half. Their faces turned from "pain" and "agony" to a smile... another priceless moment for me.

I got to see lots of runners I know at the half... I was very happy to cheer them on. I also met a woman that was watching. We got chatting. She's a runner herself but was sick today and thus, she wasn't running, but her husband was. It was nice to talk to her.

I weighed myself yesterday, just as I do on Saturdays... I am proud and please to report yet another loss... -500gr, which puts me in -3,700 in a month and a half. Very happy if I may say so! Lots to go but on the right track for sure!

Speaking to that lady I think I found a spark and I'm still carrying it around... running well for an hour and a half gets you through a half, so... that's what I'm headed for :D I'll try to get out every day. Alternating walking days with running days. Let's see how much I can do :D Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment