Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bumps/Hurdles along the way

Yes, I am determined and nothing is going to stop me but today was one of those uh-oh days... after work I came home quickly and got changed straight away to go for a run before the kidlets got home. I went over to the bike path. It was loaded with people: runners, walkers, bikers... lovely! It was a beautiful day too :D

I set out. I had to do 4 miles today as my training plan says, towards my half on May 13th. Well... at the very beginning it went well but after that I felt I was dragging myself all the way and like I was running in place... it was hard. There was a strong head wind on the way there too. Anyway... I did get 6.780 in between walking and running but my running pace was very slow, averagin 7:14 I think... oh well... guess next one will be better.

Must not take my eyes off my goad. It will happen... still lots of weight to lose and getting back into training regularly... some days are good and some days are... better!

Watch Cool Runnings at work today. I love that movie. Love the message and love it when the "coach to be" says "do the words give up mean anything to you?" And he answers: "NOTHING.AT.ALL"... gosh... love that guy!

Keep going, keep going, keep going!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment