Sunday, March 25, 2012

D-E-T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-I-O-N

That's it. I am right on track. And I am DETERMINED to get to the end.

I volunteered at the Barcelona Marathon today... wow... what an amazing experience! It was great... a neat way to approach the marathon... I loved it. It was fun. Hard work but fun. I have no voice. The bibs had their names on so I cheered on as many as I could... AWESOME! I got a sunburn as well but hey... such is life, LOL!

My goal is to run the Barcelona Marathon (my debut) in 2013. And the date is set: March 17th. I think registrations open tomorrow... I'm in.

First things first, obviously... losing the weight. I am doing a good job I think. Slowly but surely :D And then build up. Signed up for the Leeds Half Marathon on May 13th... can't believe it... my 3rd already! Wow! And training for it I am. This time I will NOT undertrain or just give it a try. I am doing it right this time around. Yes I am! it is going to be a blast... I just know it! Bring it on!

So there, determined to lose the weight and do strength training and determined to run that marathon. Start slow and easy to build up and not get injured and take it from there! Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment